Vitamin D produced by reactions in the presence of sunlight, thus termed as sunshine vitamin. It very useful in the protection and regeneration of skin cells. These vitamins are very helpful in the metabolic processes occur in skin cells. Vitamin D increases the immunity of skin and also damages the free radicals in skin cells due to which pre-mature aging will occur.
On exposure to sunlight, these vitamins are produced in our body naturally at normal range, because long term exposure to sun may cause skin aging, wrinkles and also it elevates the risk of skin cancer. In winter season, when the human body is less exposed to sunlight. And in this way body becomes deficient to vitamin D. So, it is needed to take this important vitamin either through diet, supplements or through injection in veins.
Have further questions?
Just give us a shout:
Mostly the vitamin D injections are introduced into the muscles of the patient’s arms. This vitamin then goes into the bloodstream with time and circulates in whole body and reaches the body cells with its high concentration to help them for the performance of their proper activities.
The main source of vitamin D is sun, as the human body produces this vitamin by different chemical reactions by the absorption of sunlight. If vitamin D produced by this process is not enough to meet the requirements of body, we may get it from some food items including liver, cheese, salmon and tuna fish. Furthermore we can get it from liquids and dairy items.
Some people are deficient of vitamin D due to less exposure to sun and have poor dietary habits. And thus the deficiency of vitamin D causes many diseases including diabetes, memory loses, hypertension, heart disease and weakened immune system.
For the elevation of the vitamin D level in blood, such people are recommended to use the vitamin D supplements or intravenous or intramuscular injections. Due to risk of mal-absorption of these vitamins through digestive tract, it is quite better to use the vitamin D injections that circulate in body along with in no time and thus gives better and quicker response as compared to its supplements.
Vitamin D injections play an important role in maintenance of different body functions including:
- Strengthen the bones: It reduces the risk of osteoporosis and makes the bones strong by increasing the absorption of calcium in bones for the bone formation. It also reduces the weakness of muscles (osteo-malacia).
- Well-being heart: Vitamin D is helpful in lower hypertension by retaining the blood vessels in well and good condition. It also prevents the patient from atherosclerosis by the decreasing the cholesterol level in blood.
- Better immune system: It supports the immune system to fight with the germs that causes different diseases such as flu, colds, etc.
- Healthy skin: Vitamin D also improves the skin conditions and maintains the natural look of a person.
- Eminent mood: Researches show that there is a relationship between the low vitamin D level in blood and depression, vitamin D alleviates the depression.
- Vitamin D also reduces the risk of different diseases including bacterial vaginitis, pelvic floor disorder, cognitive decline and Parkinson’s disease. These are also helpful in lower the chances of diabetes and weight loss.
Vitamin D injections cause headache, constipation, slight pain at the injection site or stomach disorders. It also increases the blood calcium level. If this calcium level increases in patients with tuberculosis, it may cause the kidney problems including kidney stones. The time taken by this treatment depends upon the deficiency level of vitamin D in patient’s body. The treatment includes three to four sessions until the normal level of vitamin D in blood is gained. The time duration between two injections is about two to three months depending on the deficiency level in blood.